Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe
Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup is ready in less than 30 minutes! The perfect bowl of comfort food without leaving your house!
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup diced onions (yellow or white)
- 1 cup shredded carrots (I used matchsticks that I cut into half inch pieces)
- 2 ½-3 cups broccoli florets, chopped small
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk (I use skim/fat free)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes (or more as desired)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large pot over medium high heat, melt butter. Add in onions, carrots and broccoli. Cook to soften about 5 minutes (may be more or less depending on the size vegetables you cut).
- Slowly add in broth, milk, and cream. Sprinkle with flour and add salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Continue stirring and heating over medium heat until thickened. This will take about 10-15 minutes.
- Once thick, add cheese and stir until melted and smooth. Serve soup and enjoy!
- Easily double the ingredients to make more of this delicious soup!
- Use a good quality cheddar cheese for best results. And shred the cheese yourself for the creamiest results.
- Amount Per Serving:Calories: 724Total Fat: 55gSaturated Fat: 33gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 160mgSodium: 1374mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 11gSugar: 12gProtein: 26g
Copycat Panera Recipes
My family doesn’t love traditional fast food. Which I suppose is a good thing, except when I’m looking to just pick up a quick, on the go meal I’m limited by their taste buds!
Fortunately (or not) for us, our Panera Bread has a drive through, and it’s one of the “fast food” choices we all love. Except it’s pricey. They don’t have a dollar menu!
My goal with my blog has been to create a database of recipes that my family loves.
They scroll through often and say, “Hey, can you make Chicken Lime Enchiladas for dinner?” Or, “I’m craving some Chocolate Chip Cheesecakes for dessert.”
I’ve also been adding to our collection of copycat recipes.
With today’s Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe, we may never have to actually go to Panera again.When I can make Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup at home, I know I’m saving us some money and a trip out.
30 minute dinner
From start to finish, this Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe takes less than 30 minutes.
Real talk: It will probably take less time to make this soup at home than it would to get everyone in the car and drive to Panera. Not to mention the drive back home!
You can always use fresh broccoli to make Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup, but it’s ok if you want to reach into the freezer for a bag of frozen broccoli florets. We’ve all done it a time or two and they’ll be just as delicious in this soup!
My Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe makes 3-4 decent sized bowls of soup…but you can easily double the recipe if you have hungry eaters, and this is your main dish.
Keep this soup vegetarian by using vegetable broth in place of the chicken broth.
You could also serve this soup as a side alongside sandwiches. Try my Turkey Cheddar Sliders or, if you want to mix favorites from different restaurants, Copycat Chick-fil-A Chicken Salad Sandwiches.
Step by Step Instructions
Want less chunks in your soup? Use an immersion blender to smooth it out! Our family loved this soup, it’s a great recipe for busy weeknights!
Today’s Broccoli Cheddar Soup can also be made in the Instant Pot! Dinner in under 30 minutes! Loaded with vegetables and cheese, you’ll love this easy, creamy Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup Recipe! It’s the BEST!S